Amber warning of wind affecting East of England
Yesterday's Yellow Weather Warning has now been escalated to an AMBER warning for WINDS from 2pm today until 10pm this evening.
This updated warning comes with a MEDIUM likelihood of MEDIUM impacts which means that:
- Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected
- Some roads and bridges likely to close
- There is a good chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Flying debris is likely and could lead to Injuries or danger to life and probably some damage to buildings and trees, such as tiles blown from roofs and branches on roads
- Injuries and danger to life is likely from large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and properties
In the event of an emergency please dial 999 or 101 appropriately.
Posted: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 12:24 by Parish Office