Health & Wellbeing
Everyone is passionate and involved in various ways about improving the lives of our local population and area. The aim of this strategy is to harness our collective passion so that we achieve far more together to improve the health and wellbeing of our local population than we could do as individual organisations.
What is wellbeing?
This can be defined as "A positive state of mind and body, feeling safe and able to cope, with a sense of connection with people, communities and the wider environment".
Moulton & Surrounding Areas Health & Wellbeing Strategy 2023-2028
We have developed our Health and Wellbeing Service Delivery using three key strategies:
- Building on the success of the Moulton & Surrounding Areas Health & Wellbeing Strategy 2016-2020
- West Northants Health and Wellbeing Board 'Live Your Best Life' Strategy
- Business Case for proposed new Health & Wellbeing Centre (Moulton Surgery) to be built on land opposite Moulton Community Centre
A new purpose-built Moulton Health & Wellbeing Centre (formerly known as Moulton Surgery) will be an integral part of the Community Hub. This will be an expanded centre where the:
- Vision is "To help our patients have the best possible life from the cradle to the grave" and
- Mission is "To deliver the most effective and personalised Health and Wellbeing service that improves Quality, Outcomes and clinical standards for all of our patients".
The new centre will allow more integrated care to be delivered closer to home and has five care setting principles from a patient impact perspective that are:
- Improved self-care & Prevention
- Improved Access to Moulton Health and Wellbeing Care
- Primary Care Plus – provision of more specialised care by a wide range of professionals
- Crisis Response – supporting more people with serious health conditions within their own home
- Urgent & Emergency Care – quick access to emergency care professionals when required
The key elements of our service delivery mirror those detailed in the West Northants Health and Wellbeing Board 'Live Your Best Life' Strategy.
Moulton and surrounding areas Health Wellbeing Strategy - August 2023
Library Vision Document 2023